Our Awards submission process features just a few questions and counts for 30 percent of the judging process. The remaining 70 percent comes from the site inspection by the judges. You don’t need to spend time or money or making your submission look pretty – it’s all formatted automatically online.
Mandatory submission documentation and details:
- Signed consent form
- Project details
- Developer/consultant name
- Development/project name
- Development/project address
- Local Government Area of the development/project
- Developer consent (if applicable) uploaded as a PDF
- Submitter contact details (person who is completing the submission)
- Project person contact details (person who can answer all queries relating to the development/project)
- Project information
- Executive Summary (minimum 350 words, maximum 400 words)
- List of key consultants (company and contact person details)
- Please upload your images to the online submission portal
- Images should be professionally taken and supplied in high resolution JPEG file format
- Images should be a mixture of interior and exterior as well as landscape and portrait shots
- Portrait shots need to be supplied in A4 size (210 x 297 mm) at 300 dpi. Landscape photos need to be supplied in A3 size (430 x 277 mm) at 300dpi
- A minimum of six and a maximum of 10 images are required. If submitting in multiple categories, please include five unique images per submission/category
- The images must not be embedded or pasted into any document or program
- Use the following naming format: “Project name-P (followed by the photo number in sequence). For example, photograph number two for an entry with the Project Name Sunshine Hills, (would be SunshineHills-P2)
- Category criteria (as specified in the PDF document in your Intent to Enter confirmation email)
- Health check
- The information provided in this section will be taken as ‘true’ and ‘correct’ at the time of the submission closing date and will be used in the AV production, trophies and/or certificates, and print media should you be named a finalist and/or winner.
- An entry will be declined should they not meet the criteria and submit all required mandatory documents by the submission deadline.
- Transfer a submission into a different category if:
- it does not meet the category criteria.
- is not entered by a developer (for submissions in categories 1 to 15).
- Please upload your images to the online submission portal.
- Images should be professionally taken and supplied in high resolution JPEG or PSD files.
- Images should be a mixture of interior and exterior as well as landscape and portrait shots.
- Portrait shots need to be supplied in A4 size (210 x 297 mm) at 300 dpi. Landscape photos need to be supplied in A3 size (430 x 277 mm) at 300dpi.
- If submitting in multiple categories, please include unique images per category/ submission.
- The images must not be embedded into any other document or program.
- Use the following naming format: “Project name-P (followed by the photo number in sequence). For example, photograph number two for an entry with the Project Name Sunshine Hills, SunshineHills-P2.
- The Institute may collect the personal information (including credit card details) of members, clients, and other external stakeholders throughout the submission process. By submitting their personal information to the Institute, members, clients, and other external stakeholders acknowledge that the Institute will receive certain personal information, and that they are voluntarily providing that information to the Institute.
- The personal information of members, clients and other external stakeholders (excluding credit card details) may be stored in the Institute secure database. The personal information of members may be stored on the Institute Members Portal. Only Institute staff will have access to the Institute secure database and only other Institute Members will have access to the Members Portal.
- The Institute will not rent, sell or otherwise make available to any third party any information that identifies a member, client or external stakeholder or payments they make through this website, other than to process the transaction requested by them; to comply with applicable law, rule or regulation; or for any other reason outlined in this policy.
- The personal information of ticket purchasers, excluding credit card details, may be provided to third party event sponsors, relating only to the event they have purchased a ticket for. If a ticket purchaser does not wish this to occur, they should advise the Institute Membership team on 07 3229 1589 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members may review, or request amendments to their records, or the way their records are stored (e.g. removed from the Member Portal) at any time by contacting the Institute Membership team on 07 3229 1589 or at email@example.com.
- The awards submissions information will be shared with an appointed publisher to assist in producing the Awards issue of establish magazine.
How much does each submission cost?
Should you proceed to the submission stage, the following fees will apply per submission (incl. GST):
$890 – available only if you complete an Intent to Enter and start your submission on or before May 3.
$1,110 – after May 3.
The submission fee must be paid with your completed submission by 5pm on Friday, 14 June 2019. Submission payments can be made by credit card, direct deposit or cheque payable to “UDIA Queensland”. Invoices must be paid in full seven days after the submission due date.
Once invoices have been raised, no refunds will be made available.
Do I require permission from the developer to enter?
If you are entering on behalf of a developer or entering the Consultants’ Excellence, Wildcard or Design Excellence categories, you must have the written consent of the developer. This written consent must be submitted with the online submission.
Please note that in the event that your submission wins in categories 1 to 13 the Award will be presented to the developer of the project and all related marketing and communications material will exclusively acknowledge the developer as the winner of the Award.
Can Consultants enter all categories?
Consultants are only permitted to enter four categories, being Consultants’ Excellence, Parks and Recreation, Design Excellence, and Wildcard. All other categories are open to developers only.
Does my project have to be completed?
Projects entered into the Awards must be substantially completed, as outlined in the criteria for each Award category. The on-site judging period commencing Monday, 19 August 2019.
Please note that this does not apply to the Community Engagement Award, Design Excellence Award, and Marketing Excellence Award categories.
Individual projects may be entered in more than one category, when they fit the criteria. A separate submission must be completed for each category.
Entrants are asked to respond to criteria for the specific Award category for which they are entering, rather than using the same submission text for additional categories. Doing so will give entrants a greater chance of winning.
Can I enter the same project as last year?
If you submitted a project in a previous year and did not win you can re-enter the same project multiple times. However, if resubmitting a project that has previously won an Award, you must be able to demonstrate to the judges that significant changes have been made to the project for your submission to be valid.
How do I prepare my submission?
All submissions must be prepared online. Hard copy submissions will not be accepted. The online submission process does not accept formatted text.
Some entrants copy the criteria into a Word document to work on their responses before submitting. If you do this, be sure to keep in mind the word count limits.
Can I make changes to my submission?
You may make changes to your submission up until the closing date being June 14, after this date submissions will be considered complete. Any items or documents submitted after this time will be accepted or declined at the Institute’s discretion.
What is the executive summary used for?
The Executive Summary will be used for the purposes of judging. The executive summary, in addition to any detail provided in the full submission, may be published in the Awards issue of our establish magazine if your project is announced as a winner or a finalist. The establish articles will be written at the Institute’s discretion.
Do I need to provide an establish article with my submission?
You are not required to submit an establish article with your submission. Instead, the Institute will use any detail, wording, statistics, and other information provided in the full submission to write the establish article should your project be a winner or category finalist. The establish articles will be written at the Institute’s discretion.
Do I need to provide a media release with my submission?
You are not required to provide a media release with your submission.
Do I need to provide images before or after I submit the submission?
You will need to provide a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 high resolution images of your project as part of your submission. Images sent through after the submission due date will be considered at the Institute’s discretion.
The Institute reserves the right to select submission images at its discretion to be used in the Awards for Excellence AV production and the establish magazine should you be named a finalist and/or winner.
Can I withdraw my submission after the due date?
All submission cancellations (withdrawal) must be made in writing to the Institute.
Submission fees will be refunded if cancellation is received via written notification prior to the submission closing date of Friday, 14 June 2019.
Cancellations or withdrawals made after this time are non-refundable. Please note that associated fees such as administration fees cannot be refunded. Any refunds will be processed approximately one fortnight after the event has concluded.
As an alternative to cancellation, your submission fee may be transferred to the 2019 Awards for Excellence luncheon tickets (subject to availability). Transfers must be requested in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.